When getting started with Reporter, we focus on the ease of installation of sensors. Not only physically, but also on the Dashboard. On the Crodeon Dashboard you have the possibility to:
- Manage your groups
- Add or remove members and their user rights
- Add or transfer Reporters
- Give your sensors and sensor channels their own name
- Set an alarm on each sensor channel
- Hide or show the sensor channels you want to see live on your Dashboard
- Add or remove new sensor templates based on their transformations
Manage groups and Reporters
To learn more about managing groups, read our blog Manage groups and members on the Crodeon Dashboard.
If you have the "Owner" rights of a group, you can manage the Reporters in this group. You can add a new Reporter by following the Claim your Reporter flow or transfer a Reporter by following these steps.
- Go the general configure menu of your Reporter.
- Click on the three dots right of the “Configure Reporter” header.
- Select "Transfer Reporter" and choose or create your group.
Note that you can only transfer Reporters between groups you own.
Name your sensors
You have the possibility to give each sensor and sensor channel their unique name. This is done by clicking on the three dots next to the sensor name and sensor channel name.
For a detailed explanation of the alarm settings of your Reporter, visit the blog Alarm settings & Measurement intervals.
Hide or unhide a sensor channel
Some of our sensors have multiple measurements, like our outdoor weather sensor. If for example the wet bulb and dew point aren't relevant for you, you can hide these channels on your "live data" view. So, you can focus on what's important to you.
To hide or unhide a channel, go to that sensor channel on the configure page of your Reporter. Click on the three dots and select "set visibility". You can now enable or disable this sensor channel.
Add a sensor template
If you have to connect a third-party sensor to one of our adapters, you have the possibility to create a sensor template to transform the raw measurements into meaningful sensor data. The Crodeon Team will advise you when this is necessary and how to do this. For more questions on how our adapters work and which different kind of sensors you can connect, please contact the Crodeon sales team at email@example.com or visit our learning center/connection diagrams.